View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #25
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Because of the double standard (which I explain in my previous post).

Indeed, however I think this misses the point.

If we're going to be concerned about respectful behavior, I think we need to be consistent about it. I don't think that blatant forms of disrespect should be allowed to get a pass, while perceived forms of disrespect ("my feelings were hurt by xyz. I've been disrespected", etc) are chased down and dogpiled.
I will do my best to be neutral and to deal with any forms of disrespect I see - is that acceptable?

Quote:
I assumed that you meant the "behaving respectfully" form of respect, but I also thought mimartin's point was especially important so I referenced both.
Coolio

Quote:
Correct. But surely you acknowledge that there are many ways to be deceitful. I also imagine that you would acknowledge that some of them are pretty transparent.
Indeed.

Quote:
Not sure where this is going. Clearly everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I think my argument had more to do with double standards and how those opinions are argued.
Okies, with regards myself I can only Moderate from this point forward.

Quote:
I start every day hoping for a clean slate.

Some days I'm pleasantly surprised. Most days I'm disappointed.
I'm sorry about the disappointing days

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,