Thread: [Poetry] Burnseyy's Poetry
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #20
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BFA View Post
I like what you have hear. They are, quite impressive in the way where you can express something so tragic and deep, and convey that through words and still let it loose none of its potency.

Thirteenth Day of the Second Month: This one reminded me of a funeral where the weather was nice enough to shine the sun down instead of rain. To me, it was - as said - at a funeral, but through the eyes of a very stoic person. Someone who realize just how sad the day is, but knowing the tomorrow will bring it something better, and that's something worth remembering.
... Now ... I may be completely off with that, and that piece may well represent something completely different, but that's what I think.

Part Time Angel is something that really hit home for me - as you might have already guessed it would. It was really well written and something that I re-red twice over after the first time I read it.

It seems we both have the same - head space - when it comes to poetry. I don't have that many "happy" poems, most of mine are as well more on the dark side of writing. I'm not really sure why.
It had something to do with a funeral, so you weren't too far off. It's just horrible going into, really.

Part Time Angel, I really liked the theme, but I didn't think the poem was my best, really. The theme said a lot, and I got a lot of information in it, so it was good in that way but as a poem... it could've been better. Thank you! It does seem we're on the same wavelength when it comes to poetry. booyah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Hoon View Post
You bumped your head? :O Are you okay? When? How? Avoid any future potentially head-bumping activities! :3 That having been said, I like the untitled poem as well. Have you shown it to your mum? :P
I was seven and I was doing a handstand, and sort of erm. Fell. lol. I also had a fit that same night. o0o0o more drama. I was fiine, but apparently I went from this really loud, outgoing person to a shy, quiet person after it haha.

Thank you everyone, for the critisism & compliments. they mean so much to me. :] And to all you frequent commenters (you know who you are ) thanks so much! I owe you all one.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,