View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #70
neon_git

OK this is the last I'll say on the matter:

First thing is I shouldn't have been so confrontation and I'm sorry (Believe it or not I actually toned down both posts).

Second nobody (I hope) will think any less of your project, that is totally separate from his debate.

Look, we share a lot of common ground. I'm a FOSS advocate myself and I'm also a fan of Larry Lessig and the CC movement. I agree that DRM sucks big hairy balls and have had to crack legitimately purchased games to get them to run on my chosen OS. I know where you're coming from and I do feel bad that your hardware got dicked over by Sony.

But the point I've been trying unsuccessfully to make is that none of that entitles you to abdicate responsibility for your actions. Your philosophy on software advocates freedom but only if it's your kind of freedom. If Bill Tiller wants to release his software as closed source why shouldn't he be able to? Why should you be able to disrespect his choice because it doesn't fit with your views?

For the record AVS (or at least the demo) uses Panda3d, which is open source, so you can buy with a clear conscience.

So ... we cool?

You mean the way the sea stays steady as a rock and the buildings keep washing up and down? Yes I thought that was odd.
neon_git is offline   you may: quote & reply,