View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 12:13 AM   #49
frankie00
Lurker

Can't install GF on Vista 64 - bad VOX0003.LAB file?

Hello all -

I have been searching high and low for a solution to my Grim Fandango installation problems, to no avail thus far. Here is what happened:

I was unable to install the game normally, due to the fact that I have Windows Vista - I got an error message saying that the 16bit program was not supported by my 64bit system. So I tried installing with bgbennyboy's launcher, which worked until it got to the VOX0003.LAB file (which seems to be the voice file for year 3 of the game?). I got an error message saying that the file could not be installed due to a "cyclic redundancy error." It seems that it may be corrupted in some way, although I don't know for sure.

I have found various other threads concerning this problem, (such as this one: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...52#post2569752), but every time I thought I found a solution, it was just a dead end. I tried installing the game without that file (I just skipped it), but that failed miserably as well. In the end, I just gave up and uninstalled the game, and have no idea where to go from here.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? And is there any way to fix it? I am incredibly frustrated - I just wanted to play my game!

Thanks in advance for any help, sorry about the long post, and please let me know if any extra information about my problem is needed.

Thanks!
Frankie

EDIT:
Also, I'm not entirely sure how to change around the Compatability Mode like I've seen suggested in many places...not that that matters if I can't even get the game installed...
frankie00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,