Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #6
Vikinor
600cc

Current Game: Cataclysm
I used to not care since this did not directly affect me. Being raised Catholic, I was just fed certain views and beliefs and agreed with them.

The I guess I had a personal "epiphany" when I was about 16 or 17. I just began to think and question things.

I remember asking a priest about certain issues. Gay marriage being one of them. He said "The Church isn't anti gay. We don't believe that they shouldn't be allowed to be together, just that they don't call it marriage."

I understand this viewpoint, and I honestly kind of agree with it. Let the religions get to keep to their ways. However it seems that a key factor that is being overlooked is the separation of Church and State. It seems that most people who are against gay marriage are against it because it is their religions view. Therefore, those arguements should be irrelevant.

Besides, is marriage even all that religious anymore? I know some people still like to have traditional weddings in churches, but others can go out to vegas and get married in minutes.

I'm going to have to say that I agree 100% with what Olbermann said.

Original member of 2002.
Vikinor is offline   you may: quote & reply,