View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #24
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volar the Healer View Post
If you truly believe so-called "gay marriage" does not affect me or the rest of society, then why are you pushing so hard for it to be recognized? Why not just invent some other term for it, and leave the term "marriage" alone?
As I mentioned above, the accepted term is 'Civil Partnership' - but for many, even that's unacceptable.

Quote:
What gives you the right to redefine the term marriage to include something it has never included before? THAT looks like an attack upon the traditional institution of marriage - which, of course, it is.
It was also 'traditional' for marriage to include only same-colour couples, and forced the woman to stay at home, and be subservient to the male. That changed, and i'm sure, as it evolved, there were those who claimed they were attacks on the 'traditional institution'.

Trurth is, there isn't much 'tradition' left in marriage.

Quote:
Homosexuality is judged to be unacceptable by the overwhelming percentage of the American population, the American Medical Association, The American Psychiactric Association, and every honest religion.
And who appointed them Judge of what is 'acceptable'?

Quote:
We don't care what you do in you home (Please stop saying we do.) We DO care what you're doing in our public schools with our children.
I don't know enough about teaching in American schools, so someone indulge me - is gay marriage taught there?

Quote:
Homosexuality is wrong.
In your opinion, of course (and i'm sure a few others). I myself am heterosexual, but I see no problem in what is ultimately the personal choice of the individual.

Quote:
But, children should not be exposed to such things.
Who is on about exposing children to it?

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,