Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #55
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
Uh, no, you don't, not when children are involved. The very notion that any court/government/whatever in the western world would allow the marrying of children is ludicrous.
There are at least 2 governments in the world that still allow slavery that I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine
I'm sure there is, but why should that stop Homosexuals from marrying each other?
In catering to one group of people, you end up opening the door to court cases involving other groups of people, such as polygamists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Yeah, there's so much support for child marriage in California that it sickens me (please note sarcasm).
It's actually possible, that court has a tendency for some rather insane rulings.

Quote:
Like, say, the gays?
Quit trying to imply that I'm a homophobe, it's annoying. I was referring to polygamists.

Quote:
Such as adopted kids.
And I have no problem with same-sex couples adopting kids, just don't call it marriage.

Quote:
No, not "in his opinion". In documented reality. Marriage, like everything else, is ever-changing.
Usually it has been between men and women, look if this is so not going to affect straight people, why does it have to be called marriage?
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,