View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #59
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
There are at least 2 governments in the world that still allow slavery that I can think of.
Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with the United States of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
In catering to one group of people, you end up opening the door to court cases involving other groups of people, such as polygamists.
Just because you say it doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you say it. No lawyer will be able to argue for polygamy in court using gay marriage as an affirmative argument because polygamy and gay marriage are two separate topics that have nothing to do with the other. So unless you have logical proof that they do, shut up about this. You say this statement again without proper reasoning, it will be deleted for repetitious trolling.

Quote:
It's actually possible, that court has a tendency for some rather insane rulings.
You think the Supreme Court of California may legalize child marriage? I knew you were full of ****, but damn, I didn't know you were this full of ****. Congratulations.

Show me how it's even remotely possible that they would consider such a decision.

Quote:
Quit trying to imply that I'm a homophobe, it's annoying.
Quit being a homophobe, it's annoying.

Quote:
Usually it has been between men and women, look if this is so not going to affect straight people, why does it have to be called marriage?
Calling it marriage does not affect straight people. You have not proven how it does, so quit saying it does, or else I will do it for you.

And it has to be called marriage, otherwise it is not equal under the law. There are benefits afforded to married couples by the federal government that are inaccessible to gay couples because of the Defense of Marriage Act, which was a terribly offensive piece of legislation that should have never been passed. This act restricts a lot of rights and benefits to heterosexual couples only, meaning that gay couples are not given the same opportunities that straight couples are. This is wrong and needs to be changed. THAT is why it must be called marriage.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me

Last edited by Darth333; 02-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,