View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #1043
Darth_Exion
Lurker

Another problem

Hello, everyone! I'm new here, but not entirely new to this site (I've visited many, many times getting mods, tools, and advice). Before I submit my problem, I would like to say, KSE is THE best cheating device I've ever used, even when compared to the old-fashioned GameShark I used to have for my PlayStation (I hated having to type in those long strings of random numbers)
Anyway, I read through at least eight pages of this forum, and I havent found anyone with a similar problem, so I figured I'd post.
I was going through the mods I have installed (for KOTOR 1 on the PC, I dont have KOTOR 2... yet) and making sure they were all compatable. After I was satisfied that they were, I went into a save to make sure everything was working. I noticed that my female Chiss PC didn't have a texture for her body (an unrelated problem, that I've already fixed).
So, I saved and went back out, fixed the problem, but when I tired to load the save, KOTOR crashed. So, I went into KSE to see if I could tell what the problem was, and, in the NPC section Zaalbar, Mission, and T3's names had all changed to "Bad StrRef". I went into one of these files, and got an error. The error from kse.log is this:

02-07-2009 21:22:03 #1#000002 - Game1#NPCs#NPC7 clicked
error:Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.

Tk::Error: Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079
Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)

And, in the NPC stat section, all the stats are replaced with: HASH(0x51 be850)
I found a semi-similar problem (at least one having to do with an ARRAY reference), and it said the problem was with the PARTYTABLE.res. So, I figured I would replace the partytable with one from an earlier save. Well, now it can load, but those three characters dont even appear if I set them on my party in KSE, and it still crashes if I have Jolee in my party (I'm in the temple on the unknown planet, and jolee was the only one I had with me... I found it very strange that it only crashed with him, when he wasnt one of the characters whose stats were messed up)

Edit: just now, when I tried to check it again, it came up with an error when I clicked on the NPC section, instead of when I clicked on an individual character, new error is:

error:Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.

Tk::Error: Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079
Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98

Which is almost, but not exactly, the same error...
It's weird, though... the game seems fine, as long as I dont use Mission, Zaalbar, or T3, and as long as I keep Jolee out of my party...
(Sorry about the length... didn't know how much, or how little, information was necessary)

Last edited by Darth_Exion; 02-08-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Darth_Exion is offline   you may: quote & reply,