View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:52 PM   #48
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
I've got mine printed at www.posterxxl.de (with their international sites for the UK, the Netherlands, France and the US)
For those that might be interested: Printing posters is pretty expensive, but PosterXXL currently have an offer on where your first 30cm x 40cm poster is FREE! That's what I decided to do. I know these posters aren't going to be massive, but instead I ordered two 30x40 prints for a grand total of 10 GBP (inc. shipping).

Although Laserschwert did an awesome awesome and totally awesome job, I decided to "improve" his work for my 30x40 prints. So if anyone is interested (the files are smaller, for one), here are "my" versions of Laserschwert's (and Steve Purcell's) incredible work.

I'm sure most people won't be interested, but if you want something a little more "tasteful" in size (or, perhaps most importantly, a lot cheaper to get printed) here are the files I created:

http://www.thunderpeel2001.com/poste...keyIsland1.jpg
http://www.thunderpeel2001.com/poste...keyIsland2.jpg

For those that are still interested: I "improved" these by firstly resizing them to the size that I wanted, while upping the resolution to from 200dpi to 300dpi (it would be a shame to waste the extra detail added by LS). I also colour managed/corrected them in CMYK (which is what printers actually print in, so it gives you a much better idea of what the final product will look like). (FYI: All artwork you see on DVD cover, film posters, magazines is supplied to printers as 300dpi CMYK documents.)

I've attached a preview of the close-ups of some of the colour changes. Laserschwert's (on the right) has a kind of browny-muddy "black", whereas I've removed this tone to improve the overall contrast of the image. To be honest it's probably only something that a graphic designer would notice, but if you're anything like me it would bug you

I thought they might be of use to someone!
Attached Images

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,