View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 12:56 AM   #145
Tiamtu
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrthwyndandfyre View Post
OK, so my time estimates are off a bit.

OK, the Process for getting dismemberment to work is as follows (english edition only - other languages may vary):

1) If you have any mods installed, remove them first. Further instructions at the end. If you're not certain what you have installed, remove JA and re-install it.

2) You MUST have patch 1.01 installed for this to work. It will not work on 1.0. You can confirm that you have this patch installed by browsing to:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData"

then right-click on "jasp.exe", select properties, and then click on the "Version" tab. The "Version:" label should read "1.0.1.0". If you do not have the correct result, Google for "JKAcademy1_01.exe" and select a download site. The installation consists of double-clicking the file and following the instructions. You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive.

3) Make a shortcut on your desktop by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting New/Shortcut.

4) Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and in the field labelled "Target:", insert the following string VERBATIM:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe"
+helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive. The quotation marks around the path string are mandatory, and there are no
spaces between the plus signs and the word following them.

5) Now change the "Start In:" field to read as follows:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData"

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different
drive. The quotation marks around the path string are mandatory.

Close the Properties dialog. Double-click on the short-cut, and find a target-rich
environment. You should have more than satisfactory dismemberment. At higher
levels, some of the storm troopers were coming apart like pinatas. You can adjust
it as follows (from the "Target:" string above):

+set g_sabermorerealistic 10
+set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

As the value of g_sabermorerealistic is reduced, the amount of visible damage the saber does decreases. As the value of g_dismemberprobabilities decreases, the
likelihood of dismemberment occurring is reduced.

Now, would a few people try this process, and report success or failure. It worked
for me, and nothing has ever worked for me before, so this should work for everybody.

If you have additional Mods you want to install, do this first, get it working, and
then start installing your Mods one-by-one and testing them to make sure they don't
cause problems. Any that cause problems should be removed if you want to keep
dismemberment.
I followed your instructions and I got the dismemberment. And like you said, it doesn't really work on the lower levels.

However, there is another problem. It doesn't work on some of the higher levels too! On Vjun, for example, the dismemberment becomes random. And yet the probablities are set to 100. Are you experiencing this problem too?
Tiamtu is offline   you may: quote & reply,