OK. So I want to build a PC for both folding and HTPC use.
- want to go with an AMD quad-core CPU
- want to use the SMP client
- want it to be as power-efficient as possible within economic reason (it will be folding when it's not doing recording or playback so I realize this won't be a low power setup)
- HD playback/recording capability is a nice to have but not required
- I was also thinking of possibly using a Linux OS
- and of course I want to spend as little as possible, hopefully less than USD$500