View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #4
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
And what if you don't get the indicator that you need to press 'B'? If you're just standing still and Vader tries it, then you get the indicator to press 'B' and about two seconds to beat the attack. If you are doing a charged Force repulse and he does the attack, then you beat the attack there... he can't beat you when you've already negated his attack!
The thing is you can't get away with much jumping or any type of moves that put Starkiller in the air or Vader will use his Force Grip on you.

The thing is if the "B" button indicator shows up, hit it as fast as you can with no hesitation. I'm about 75-80% successful in getting released without harm from Vader's grip because I can hit that B button so quickly.

Quote:
I know that there are certain discrepancies between player and NPC, but when it comes to Darth Vader... you have his abilities in the beginning, yet they change the second time around. If you could use choke on the Rogue Jedi at the start, then I would assume Vader can do that to Starkiller. If the Rogue Jedi can ALWAYS beat choke, then so should Starkiller!
You have to remember that when Vader faced the Rogue Jedi, it was 15 years earlier than with his duel against Starkiller. You do grow in power over time. When playing as Vader, it was around 2 years since he was put into that bionic suit after the incident with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Besides all that, you have to be given a big challenge against Vader since it is at the end of the game. It's just good game programming to do so or people would be outraged on how Vader was too easy.

Quote:
(I know this is just a cheap way to inflate Vader's pathetic abilities for the second-last boss fight. I don't really expect anything to work properly.)
The key to fighting Vader is to pick your moments. Using repulse like you were talking about earlier isn't going to hurt him, so don't use it.

The easiest way is master using the "B" button to get released from his grip. Once you're good at that, the rest should be easy if you follow this pattern.

Block until he uses his red glowing Force Push. Once he starts charging that up, hurry up and get right behind him. Once he releases it, he will be drained and that is when you attack. Use your best move on him and then block until he does the Force Push again and repeat.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is online now   you may: quote & reply,