View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #147
Barf Vader
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Academy
Question Problem with changing npc health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I dont know about the saber, but yes there is a way to make NPCs have more health.

You open up the assests1.pk3, and go to the ext_data/npcs folder. There are all the .npc scripts, they can only be opened with notepad. Once you have opened them change the health values higher.
I tried to increase the health of the enemys, but did something wrong since the game won't start unless I took away the changes (which was easy). I have version 1.01.

I unzipped the assets1.pk3 so that I got a folder instead of just a pk3 file. After I had changed the health, I tried replacing the assets1.pk3 with the assets1 folder and see if the enemy's were harder to beat. I assumed that it wouldn't make any difference if the assets1 was a pk3 file or a folder containing the same info (was I correct about that assumption?). I didn't change anything else so i thought it would perhaps work, for once.

I then got an error message saying:
"default menu file not found: ui/menus.txt, unable to continue!"

After I put the assets1.pk3 back into the base directory, the game worked fine, but the enemys were still too easy to defeat. I searched inside the assets1 folder and found a text file that said menus (assets/ui/menus), so I don't know what the fuss was all about, but clearly there is something wrong.

I hadn't even taken a look inside the ui folder before I got this message, so how can there be something wrong about it? I hate when this happens! The computer is acting stupid. It 's like picking up a book and say that it doesn't exist.

Merely unzipping the assets1.pk3 shouldn't have messed up the contents of the assets1.pk3, so I don't know what's wrong. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm not a complete noob, but far from skilled.

Guitar Hero + KotOR: TSL = Star Wars: (K)nightclubs of the Old Republic: The Bith Lords

Puns are the path to the Dark Side
Barf Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,