View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #291
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades View Post
A question, if I may. I want to edit existing journal entries, but am at loss how to do this using the TSL Patcher.

From what I understand, the TSL Patcher can't edit existing StrRefs in the dialog.tlk file, which would've been the easiest way of editing the journal entries. So I need to turn to the global.jrl file. I've read that the TSL Patcher treats the global.jrl as a GFF, and can add new entries to the global.jrl. But can it also edit existing entries in the global.jrl file? If so, I could redirect the StrRefs in the global.jrl entries to new entries in the dialog.tlk file, which could then be easily used by the TSL Patcher.

If it isn't possible, can someone point out to me another easy way of editing the global.jrl file?

My apologies is this has been asked before.
How very odd that I have very nearly the same question.

In your case, it depends on which existing .jrl entries you are talking about - specifically original .jrl STRUCTs or modded/added ones. The original .jrl STRUCT ID #'s are fixed, and so the original entries should have correct references to the .tlk as well considering we only append to the end of the .tlk. If you are wanting to edit/replace original .jrl entries, you would be able to enter STRUCT ID of your entry, and replace that entry with your new one, using the TYPE ID with that specific STRUCT number rather than "ListIndex".

I could be totally off base... but that's my 2c.

I just finished working with TSLPatcher for the first time, and worked things out pretty well. However, I was not sure how I might be able to detect existing duplicate STRUCTs in a modded global.jrl. I know that the merging of the .jrl does a comparison and then appends, and I may have simply missed a step that does this check. It seems reasonable that this is not possible or very time consuming/difficult, which is similar to Miltiades' query. I hope that I also have not also posted an old/answered question, and would be happy to know the thread link if I missed it!
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,