Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #140
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
Your comments only display your own igorance.
If I am, in your eyes, using cheap shots, how is this not hypocritical?

Quote:
No fallacies were successfully demonstrated.
I would be inclined to disagree. Perhaps you would like to explain how ""Afterall, if two gay adults can "marry" than why stop there"" is not a slippery slope argument?

Quote:
Also, my point about societal norms, which clearly went over both yours and r9's head, was related to the subject.
Ahh, of course. It wasn't that I read and understood your argument, and then ascertained that it was impertinent, it must be that it went over my head. By all means, continue with what you berated me for, your grace.

As Niner said - it wasn't an incorrect point, but it is irrelevant to the argument progressing.

Quote:
You don't need to have the majority of society believe something is ok for it to be enacted into law. Just enough of a plurality.
Fail to see how this is... even important, actually. You do know this thread is discussing why gay marriage should be legalized (or not) right?

Or is this supposed to be going somewhere?

Quote:
For something to be considered normal by society is different altogether.
Brilliant analysis, good sir. Very good contribution, that. Good thing we have you around.

Quote:
So, you get an F for comprehension and sloppy logic.
Interesting that in this scenario you believe you are entitled to grade me. If this holds true, then I would wager I'd be able to do the same. In my eyes (and believe me, I'm not the only one), you don't get any better of a grade in the logic department.

Also great that I'm getting an F for comprehension - make sure you realize that this means you're getting an F for making rational and topical arguments

EDIT:: Also, the jury came back, and the result is unanimous: this comment makes you an utter asshat.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 04-21-2009 at 11:22 PM.
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,