Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #151
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I was driving at: that for someone so grateful to have any of these rights (even if it isn't everything you want), you sure don't seem to act it. Considering especially what other nations may or may not do to gays. Just saying.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Anything relevant to the topic now?

Quote:
The question still stands: You want to change it and override the vote now? That just doesn't seem very...democratic.
I deleted my previous post because I thought it was inflamatory, but you've hit a nerve.

You told me to "get over it".

Oh, thank you. All my troubles are now gone now that you've told me to "get over it".

I'm sure the slaves back in the day would just stop asking for rights if you told them to "get over it". I'm sure women would have stopped asking for voting rights as well.

I could give a **** that it was democratic or not. It was deemed unconstitutional, and then a vote was forced on us to place a ban that had already been deemed unconstitutional.

The constitution exists to make sure things like this don't happen. If everything was democratic, we'd be a Direct Democracy, not a Republic like we are now.

Quote:
This is not rudeness: You are entitled to your opinion (no matter how hot headded). All's I'm saying is that as bad is it may seem... it could *always* be worse. That's all.
Excuse me, but WTF does this have to do with the topic at hand?
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,