Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #158
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
What does that have to do with anything? You started off your diatribe with a cheap shot and I noticed. What of it?
And I then noticed that you did the same. What of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Well, surprise, surprise. The slippery slope argument doesn't apply.
...oh, okay then. I guess you operate above rules of logic?

Quote:
The argument made is basically based on the concept of "equal protection under the law". How allowing homosexuals the right to marry but not polygamists is merely replacing one form of bigotry for another. How rational is that when we're talking about consenting adults? Why would that even bother you anyway? You don't like polygamy?
Actually no, that's not the point. My opinion on polygamy is moot since the argument is fallacious and based on an incorrect premise.

Thus, even if I were a proponent of polygamy, I would not use that argument. I tend to try to stay away from logical fallacies when making a logical argument. Sorry that you don't.

Perhaps you could get back to the topic (ie gay marriage?)

Quote:
Oh, it was inconvenient to your collective diatribe. So sorry, m'lord.
Didn't say that it was inconvenient. I said it was useless.

Quote:
Merely explaining my position, exalted professor.
Irony abounds. How interesting that you begin grading people based on posts and then turn around and use 'professor' as a tongue-in-cheek title.

Quote:
Well, from yet another perspective, even heteros aren't always allowed to marry those people. He/she could already be married to someone else, underage, etc... Big freaking deal. Life's unfair sometimes.
So your argument is "Let's not push for any advancements in policy at all?"

Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
Again, gay marriage has nothing to do with polygamy. If you'd like to discuss polygamy there is a thread on it already, so please do it there. Any further mention of polygamy in this thread will be deleted as spam.
^^AKA why your argument is both useless and annoying, Totenkopf.

_EW_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
welp, **** it then i guess life's unfair that's that we should just stop trying to make things better because **** it totenkopf says ****'s unfair

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,