View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
Republican majority at the end of the Clinton era.
So?

The argument was that both parties equally want to ruin ****. When we had Dem in office (a Dem that could veto Rep initiatives), we had a good economy. No one jockying to take everyone's rights away ala Patriot Act, MCA, etc (remember FMLA?).

So no, I don't buy the argument that both parties are just looking to shotgun a sixer and park the country in a ditch somewhere. Sorry.

Quote:
No, I'm not saying that it's bad because it's Dems. Quite frankly I could easily say the same for the Republicans through the Clinton and Bush years.
But did you? No, you opted to speak up here and now. And now you want me to accept that it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Nevermind. Lemme go look for my button again.

Quote:
I think I said quite a great deal even during teh election I would rather have congress and the president unable to push through party agendas regardless of affiliation.
Oh, you prefer your politics partisan and ineffective? Well that makes sense.

Quote:
I agree with some Republican and some Democrat policies, but I don't like either one to get full control.
And normally I would be right there with you, however I actually pay attention to what Republicans say and the less they are able to keep Dems from getting things done, the better. Now is not the time for the little ****-**** games that particular party likes to play.

Quote:
That's what led to the bad legislation that got through during Bush.
Because partisanship is evil or because the neo-con republicans are? Let's not confuse cause and effect, shall we?

Quote:
When partisans are allowed full control regardless of party affiliation it is bad for the country.
I'm going to give you an opportunity to revise your statement before I proceed to point out all the flaws with it.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,