View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Both you and Tommy are welcome to your opinions. However, to complain about "Democratic party line voting" seems to completely ignore what "Republican party line" voting has given us.
That was not my intention. We both know how Republican control over Congress and the Executive Branch led to disaster. I can't speak for Tommy, but it is my belief that similar Democratic control will lead to similar disaster in the form of a bigger, even more corrupt government and reduced freedoms.

I hope that this is not the case, and it appears that your party now its chance to prove itself. I wish it luck, but I can't help but think that it will trip over it's own self-defeating corruption and fall flat on its face just like the Republican Party did, which will, of course, lead to a massive shift to the right at the voting booth and start the whole wasteful cycle of gridlock over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
How'd the economy look when Clinton left office? Explain to me again how "both" parties want to run the country into the ground?
It was certainly in better shape than it is now, yes. I've never suggested that it wasn't, especially when compared to when Bush II left, but his solutions were short-term, and with nasty consequences that we are now having to deal with. He sold us out to the Chinese and began the crippling of our manufacturing base and the attendant job loss through outsourcing as well as our almost total reliance on cheap foreign consumer goods produced by near-slave labor, but I'd be fooling myself if I were to believe that a Republican administration wouldn't have done exactly the same thing.

Like I said: neither party has the nation's best interests at heart.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,