View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #27
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Good economy at end of Clinton years: That was because neither the Democrats NOR Republicans had full control of the government. When Bush took office, he had a majority Republican congress that he did not feel the need to veto(even though there were many things he failed to veto that he should have). Whereas Clinton vetoed far more of Republican BS than Bush did. For the current admin, this is still up in the air. We haven't even completed one year(not even a fiscal quarter), and our national budget is way larger than the largest Bush budget. So it seems to be panning out that way again. But I reserve the right to be wrong, and hope that I am.

Did I back in 96-06: Yes, however as I was not a member of this board at this time it is impossible for me to prove that. I can certainly point to a number of negative things I have said about the Republicans on the board. And if you notice quite a number of occasions I had chastised GarfieldJL on many of his accusations.

Partisan and ineffective: No, I prefer that they not be able to ram partisan policies down our throat. I would rather they be forced to work with the other party to get anything done. If neither party is willing to give, I would rather nothing be done than a whole lot done in one party's favor. Clear enough?

you paying attention to what the Republicans say: I believe you listen to what the Dems say the Reps say.

Partisanship is evil: Yes, That is what I would say. It makes people willing to ignore the faults in their party's logic.

Opportunity to revise: I still stand by it.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,