View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
LordJhredmo
Rookie

Current Game: Battlefront II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveritchell View Post
?

You've gotten a single news release about it and this whole thread condemns it for perceived inadequacies of its predecessor (Renegade Squadron, and it's worth noting that the "customizable" only carries over to the PSP, the DS version uses BF1/2's class system).

Is there really something here you wanted to see out of a handheld game that you're not getting? I really feel like this is one more "oh fiddlesticks, no SWBF3, ergo whine."*

Really? Based on what? Because of the time it takes to develop a game (for any platform), it's not like they could have just thrown this together when they figured that SWBF3 wouldn't make it out the door (up until less than a year ago Free Radical was working on it). It was certainly being developed alongside SWBF3 - and because of that it is very likely that it was planned for a side-by-side release. I don't really see any justification or evidence for what you claim.

*It's worth noting that this bitterness is symptomatic of most posters on this board, though. I hate to pigeonhole people, but 90% of posts are either condescension towards newbies or whining about something in/upcoming in Battlefront.

Regarding your first paragraph... I wouldn't say we "condemned" it, but we certainly made our dislike and distaste in it clear, considering everything that's happened so far. I'm not sure how closely you're following this, but there's a lot going on and this is not a very satisfactory result from the company, as customers and consumers.

Honestly, I don't care which handheld has customization. It's idiotic and just plain stupid as an idea. I don't care if it's on DS or PSP. This is just another let-down to PC gamers anyway, let alone this is nothing more than a lazy piece of junk added to the heap.

In answer to your question, no, there is nothing there I wanted to see out of a handheld video game. I don't even want to see a handheld video game of Battlefront at all. No, it's not "fiddlesticks"... It's "why the big to-do over this all, with the turmoil and all the fuss surrounding it, when it's a complete downgrade pathetic excuse for a Battlefront nonsense.

I'm not claiming anything. Sorry. And yes, they did just throw it together... They added some more heroes (which is something most people here will hate so much they'll laugh), and some colours... This isn't what anyone expected from them. Slap in the face doesn't do this justice. Also, I'd like to know what evidence you have for your (actual) claim that this is a side-by-side.

I love how you can actually make such assertions of the members of this forum and make such accusations. I fail to see your point in it, regardless of the slander.

Also, what are you doing, assuming you're not part of the 90%, on this forum? Complaining about complainers? That's disappointing.

Addendum to bokken's post:

I totally agree with that. I haven't been here long, but I can see how and why the folks here can feel the way they do. One disappointment after another...

I also find it disrespectful that Mav could have the audacity to actually insult the members here and believe what he's saying is somehow contributing in any way, when he's simply making hostilities.

And yes, the graphics are beyond comprehension in their insanely dinky looks. I don't know how anyone can justify that one...

GL/HF, all.

R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvE ♦ PvP ♦ RP-lite
LordJhredmo is offline   you may: quote & reply,