View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 02:09 AM   #21
Maveritchell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo View Post
My replies are in red.

VENT.

Listen, fella. I have no desire to roll around in the muck that is e-debate. This isn't about you personally (you seem to be a courteous poster when you're not ruffling your feathers) but it is about what I see on the board (acknowledged in the posts above and below yours).

I'm not going to tell you [this is the impersonal you, just for clarification ] how to treat people or whether or not you're allowed to whine about most things, I do not have that happy privilege here. I think you're doing more harm than good and whatever your justifications are I don't think they're worth it. If a forum's inactive, it might be best to just let it be. If needs arise for it the crap'll get cleaned out pretty quick.

But I won't wax counselor anymore, I'm not gonna believe that I have one whit of control over how anyone else thinks - I'm just trying to look out for you.

----

As far as the game itself goes, I could care less how the story develops at this point. I don't expect any sort of story out of an action-shooter as long as it's done well. In fact I really don't care what the name "Battlefront" is plastered on as long as the game is fun - it could be an RPG, an action game, whatever.

I'll admit that the story sounds pretty rough, though. Inevitably it's going to play out like any number of stories sandwiched in a time that already has beginning and end plotted - a zero-sum story (both characters will end up killing each other "canonically" or some such nonsense).
Quote:
So Mav, look forward to TFU: Elite Squadron
To be honest I would if that were the game. I'm not going to get hung up on what it's called.
Quote:
Good, lets destroy Star Wars Cannon even more by giving clones lightsabers
Now, they didn't say that - be fair now. They could add a Jedi class and not "destroy" anything - although I must admit the loathing some have for melee units in a shooter game baffles me.

I'll be the first to admit if a game ends up disappointing me. But I've had experiences where I haven't been looking forward to a game and then tried it to my delight (and of course the inverse). Because of those I'm not willing to toss a game in the bin until I've given it a fair shake - and no one in this thread seems to be willing to give it that. Just playing devil's advocate.
Maveritchell is offline   you may: quote & reply,