View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ew
....really?
Your continuous lack of comprehension when it comes to these debates is starting to become a bit suspicious. If you read the OP (including where I was quoted) you'd see that this thread was spawned from a mini-debate Rev7 and I were having because I touted evolution over the 6-day theory. His bible verse is a representation of his point of view. He's presented a claim and hopes to have us prove it false (to the extent we can).
Seriously, dude, can the snarkiness. It's obvious from the context of the quotes that Rev7 provided that he's talking about a question of 6 vs 7 DAYS (days/eons/eras whatever you want to call it). It wasn't a question of religion vs science as achilles derided it with his aside. He didn't ask if it was correct that it was 6 days vs 4-6 billion years. Your whole argument about miscomprehension is, as usual, misplaced. Leading me to question your motives as well. Even you referenced quote shows that the debate revolves around the # of "days" and not whether God or evolution/big bang created the earth. My observation about achilles' comment was spot on, your apparent inability to comprehend that notwithstanding. Frankly, when you read the question in the OP, it's pretty explicit that he wants top know whether the answer is 6 or 7 (not whether "skydaddy" had a hand in it at all).

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,