View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #35
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Split hairs much
It's not even close to "splitting hairs". There is no "kind" in our taxonomy. "Species" means something and tells us something specific. "Kind" does not.

If noah (allegedly) took two of every "species" onto the ark, then we know that he took two chihuahuas, two wolves, two great danes, two pekineses, two labradors, two golden retrievers, etc, etc, etc. That's just a smattering of "dogs". Let's do this for "cats", "horses", "cows", etc and compare it to how big we're told the ark is (vs how big it would have to be).

Aside: Wikipedia tells me that there are 34 species of deer. Memory tells me that there are more than 300,000 species of beetles.

If noah (allegedly) took two of every "class" onto the ark, then we know that he took two "dogs" (not very specific as we know that "dog" is a very vague reference to a very long list of possible species). He took two "cats" too? Great. Same problem as above. Does that mean he took two lions or does that mean he took two house cats (Felis catus)?

So, please, feel free to demonstrate how I am indeed "splitting hairs" by clarifying for me precisely what "kind" means. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
Also nobody answered my question...
You have one previous post in this thread. It does not contain a question.

Last edited by Achilles; 06-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,