View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #40
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blix View Post
I'm sorry?
An argument is a series of logical premises leading to a conclusion.

In other words, "this portion of your response doesn't say anything".

Quote:
Again, splitting hairs.
No, it's not "splitting hairs" as I have repeatedly pointed out. Your insistence that it is doesn't make it so (it's also not a counter-argument). If you insist on using the word "species", please do so correctly. If you insist on using the word "kind", please tell us what that means. I fail to understand what is so complicated about this.

Quote:
But I'm sure that since you hold Phd's in zoology and philosophy.
Neither, but then again, I don't see why either would be necessary. One does not need to be an expert to speak intelligently about a subject.

Quote:
Of course I am only assuming such doctrines transpired in the first place, but you knew that already...
Please help me understand what this means?

Quote:
If we go by the classical myths we can assume there were limitless possibilities for Noah; he could have clicked his heels together three times, could have summoned a giant flying stingray to fly him from place to place, or he could have driven a sled.
I'm not sure where any of this is discussed in the book of genesis (i.e. the primary source of the "classical myth"). Are you arbitrarily redefining again, or was every bible I've ever read missing the "flying stingray" part?

Quote:
In making an argument you are either going to assume that something either happened or it didn't, I suppose I should have phrased it; "hypothetically speaking since Pangea broke off into different countries years ago, etc, etc". Thank you for the lesson, no really.
Nothing you've said here addressed my point(s). You're conflating thing that did happen (per the evidence we have for them) with things that were said to have happened.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,