View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #48
M@RS
The New Tax Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Where does it say this? Chapter and verse please, otherwise I'll have no choice other than to assume that you're making this up.
I'd consider it more like speculation. Noah had to use common sense (and logic). If the adults are too big, then take the babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Really? We haven't even established what "kind" means, so I cannot even begin to imagine how you came to this conclusion. What kind of babies? How many babies were there? How much space would they need? Do you even know how big the ark was?

Write back soon.
Kind: a group united by common traits or interests

Species: a class of individuals having common attributes and designated by a common name

Essentially the word "kind" and the word "species" are the same.

What kind of babies? Well, I'd say the "kind" where the adults were too big, or took up too much room. Who knows how many animals were there, but they all fit in the ark. I don't know how much space the babies would need, but they'd need less space than the adults. Yes I know how big the ark was, the Bible tells the dimensions.

Genesis 6:15 says that the Ark's dimensions were at least 135 meters long (300 cubits), 22.5 meters wide (50 cubits), and 13.5 meters high (30 cubits). That's about 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. It could have been larger, because several larger-sized cubits were used. But the 45-centimeter (18-inch) cubit is long enough to show the size of the Ark.

Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.

Last edited by M@RS; 06-06-2009 at 08:32 PM.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,