View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
First of all, I think everyone is jumping at shadows. No offense intended. Why? Because TSL despite it's cut content is the true progenitor of TOR.

As I've said before, the default format of Star Wars has been dashing hero overcomes great odds to save the love interest, destroy the deus ex machina, and defeat the evil overlord. KOTOR was that format, but it was done rather well and with Jolee Bindo and the Sith Academy of Korriban we had a look beyond the confines of LS vs. DS.

Then along comes Obsidian and TSL, the very first personal epic in a Star Wars context. The game was not about the quest, it was about you/the Exile and how you/she/he deal/deals/dealt with the past, present, and future. This was a monumental change! But due to the structure of the RPG, there is a limit as to how far that can go.

TOR will change everything. The era of overpowered Skywalkers and Secret Apprentices and overarching quests to save the Galaxy from the EVIL SITH for the two hundreth time is over. This is the era of the Star Wars fan, who has always dreamed of holding his/her own custom lightsaber and using the Force to trip Mission Vao, building his/her own story in a full interactive world.

[HERESY]I hope to God that a K3 never happens, not only because of above reasons. A K3 would be completely overboard since TSL closed that section of the canon until TOR. I am part of a total conversion that is building a K3, and it is already hard enough to build such a mod without the storyline being a stretch. I say we let Bioware, which is obviously taking the lessons of TSL to heart, build this MMO and make tons of money from it. Better an MMO with some Clone Wars architecture than a second TFU. No more Skywalkers after Cade, no winy emo Jedi like Anakin, no more random overpowered Force users like Galen. Let the fans take over from here, Lucas.[/HERESY]

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,