View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #164
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
Wait, I don't understand. Are nominations, both seconded by another member and provided with evidence by the OP, completely irrelevant for the Jester and Notable Contributor badges when it goes to staff, and are solely based on staff decision alone? Wouldn't that mean that there would still have to be a public nomination in this thread, along with links and and others seconding the nomination?
No, they're not irrelevent--we'll use them in the threads, and it's impossible for staff to know every sngle person here. Your nominations are going to continue to be very important in bringing deserving people to our attention.

Quote:
If that is so, then there's a number of both Jester and Notable Contributor badges which haven't been publicly nominated, or even seconded with evidence provided, for that matter.
Right. We know that. That's part of the reason why we're making some of these changes. Some of the people who received the badges when they first came out were obviously deserving and didn't need much discussion. There was also a lot of staff discussion about the badges when we first gave them out, and people's names came up through that route.

This is a new venture for the staff, too. We're learning through this process as issues come up. I ask that you please have patience when we make changes. They aren't done lightly or without staff discussion.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,