View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
LogicDeLuxe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiox View Post
Some lines of speech are broken down into two or three audio files (eg. "Yikes! / Don't sneak up on me like that!" or "Ah...yessir... / --yech-- / ...sure does at that."). ScummSpeaks only seems to allow one audio file per line of text. I've tried pasting the audio files together in Audacity but ScummSpeaks won't let me use the file.
That's easy to solve. Just insert them like this:
Original scummtr output:
Quote:
Re-elect Governor Marley.\xFF\x03"When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice."
Changed to a talkie version:
Quote:
\xFF\x0A\x01\x00\xFF\x0A\x00\x00\xFF\x0A\x0a\x00\x FF\x0A\x00\x00Re-elect Governor Marley.\xFF\x03\xFF\x0A\x02\x00\xFF\x0A\x00\x00\xFF\x0A\x0a\x00\x FF\x0A\x00\x00"When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice."
Works fine with scummtr. Though, unfortunately scummspeaks doesn't handle any extra voice samples within the line.
If your tool could also just build the monster.so3/sog/sof by itself, we don't need scummspeaks for this.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvor View Post
I for one am really happy that this project covers the dos version of the game.
However, it would be ScummVM only. The native DOS interpreter plays CD audio and can't load voice samples at the same time.

Thinking of this, would it be possible to replace CD audio with the MIDI tracks of the floppy version? That would make a true DOS talkie CD possible.

Last edited by LogicDeLuxe; 07-20-2009 at 11:50 AM.
LogicDeLuxe is offline   you may: quote & reply,