View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #67
Laserschwert

Notable contributor 
I get a problem when I disable the subtitles: Those multi-part lines don't work anymore... only the first part is played.

Also some lines overlap (for example when talking to the one-eyed pirate in the Scumm Bar).

Edit:
And sorry, I still don't get how to put together a "mapping.txt". This is how the first few lines of my missing.txt look like:

Code:
Missing "jungle", add 1,0=sampleno
Missing "rowboat and oars", add 2,0=sampleno
Missing "jungle", add 3,0=sampleno
Missing "jungle", add 4,0=sampleno
Missing "jungle", add 5,0=sampleno
Multiple hits for line "It's a gross old bottle.": GUY_1_beach_1_1.mp3 - Add  6,0=228 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "It's a gross old bottle.": GUY_1_beach_1_1.mp3 - Add  6,0=230 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "I don't want it.": GUY_1_beach_1_2.mp3 - Add  6,1=229 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "I don't want it.": GUY_1_beach_1_2.mp3 - Add  6,1=231 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "I don't want it.": GUY_30_store_38_2.mp3 - Add  6,1=3923 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "I don't want it.": GUY_30_store_58_1.mp3 - Add  6,1=3953 to mapping.txt
Multiple hits for line "I don't want it.": GUY_30_store_62_1.mp3 - Add  6,1=3964 to mapping.txt
Missing "bottle", add 7,0=sampleno
Missing "note", add 8,0=sampleno
Missing "Herman Toothrot", add 9,0=sampleno
Missing "beach", add 13,0=sampleno
Missing "beach", add 14,0=sampleno
Missing "crack", add 15,0=sampleno
So, the first 5 entries are probably lines, that aren't spoken but only text. So I don't add them to the mapping.txt, because they don't need to be associated with any audio-files, right?

The 6th entry is looking for the correct "It's a gross old bottle"-audio, but since those are obviously linked to the same audio-file, I just pick on of them and add 6,0=228 to the mapping.txt. Entry 6,1 (I guess ",1" is the response when trying to "pick it up") is looking for the correct "I don't want it", which should be a little easier, since I know it's said by Guybrush on the beach. So I'll add 6,1=229 to the mapping.txt, since that's the correct Guybrush line.

But what if I don't know where that line occurs? How am I supposed to know, which sample is the correct one? (Okay, sometimes the surrounding lines give clues about the place, as do the name of the audio-files)

And, do I only have to add stuff to the mappings.txt that's listed as "multiple hits" in the missing.txt?

Last edited by Laserschwert; 07-21-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Laserschwert is offline   you may: quote & reply,