View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
TripHammer

Even when his site was up he wasn't interested. We had to buy him a graphics card ($350) just to get him to update the SWBF2 SM from 1.08 to 1.10.... and that was to get what was SUPPOSED to be in the 1.08 version that LA told us we were getting (the ability to use mod maps was a main issue), but also the ability to kick/ban [BLANK] player names was among a big list of other things that needed addressing. While we're glad he did address those few issues... we had to beg him for it.. and then bribe him... and there was still a big list on his site of remaining issues.

The BBO SWBF2 SM and RM have many issues now. His site was an excellent resource for those having issues. If he had let someone know he was going to totally abandon the project (site).. someone would have picked up the domain and forum so the resource wouldn't be lost (myself included). He also had server managers for BF2 and BF1942. He was talking to many of us in the forums and in PM's, so I don't know why he just let it drop.

He mentioned School being an issue with him and time to do other things beside school MANY times... which is understandable... but not really an excuse to drop it all. It is his software and his site.. so I guess he can do what he wants with it. I just thought he cared more than he actually did I guess.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,