ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
First you say this...

Then you say that.

I have a problem with lying. You said I gave you permission which I didn't. That ticks me off. Then you ask me for permission. That's a problem. You should have asked me first. Besides, I can do the TSL Patcher myself if I choose to do so. But back then I hadn't learned it when I released the mod.

Whether or not I decide to do it is irrelevant. You went too far and that was totally disrespectful. To boldly claim I gave you permission. Did you really think that was going to work? You have to think ahead and you failed to do so. It was like you wanted to upload my mod under your name with a slight update and the glory would be yours. That's not cool.
That was a simple misunderstanding. I did not know doing this would require permission even though the readme says it may be used in another mod as long as credit is given, which I did till a few days later. I quote your readme.

Quote:
Terms of Use: If you want to use the work I have done in a future mod, just please give me credit for what you used.
Also, I did not say you gave me permission. I said "permission publicly given". Which I was indicating by the readme file section of the mod page on KotOR Files. Plus, I meant no disrespect and I do NOT make mods for "all the glory". I make them for the community's benefit and enjoyment. Just having my mod accepted is enough for me. All the compliments and popularity of the mod is just a bonus. Also, in my visitor message asking for permission, I said;
Quote:
NOTE: This will not contain files from your sound mod unless you say it is okay. It will include the patcher, your readme for the sound mod in a folder called Origional Readme, my readme for the patcher, tslpatchdata folder, and inside the folder will be the changes.ini files, info.rtf files, and un-modded copies of the 2da's used in the mod.
The rest of the message stated what would be included. All the files, with the exception of the TSLPatcher itself, were made by me.

As to my posting "Mod release postponed will permission issues are resolved", I thought I had permission as was stated in your readme when I first submitted the mod. But then after I made the WIP thread a couple days after the submission, DarthInsidious made a rule which he posted here that I still need to ask permission for mods like this regardless of the readme saying I can modify it or not this morning. Is this sufficient clarification?

I can't believe all this trouble over a simple missunderstanding. If you don't want me releasing Shem's mod all over again, I can just release the patcher without Shem's mod inside.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Last edited by ZimmMaster; 08-07-2009 at 08:37 PM.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,