Thread: [WIP] ZimmMaster's WIP's
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #24
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
I can't believe all this trouble over a simple missunderstanding. If you don't want me releasing Shem's mod all over again, I can just release the patcher without Shem's mod inside.
How about you don't release anything that relates at all to Shem's work. She is more than capable of deciding if he releases the USM with TSL patcher or not. However lets see if I can completely eliminate the misunderstanding.

Shem's readme;

Quote:
Originally Posted by readme
If you want to use the work I have done in a future mod, just please give me credit for what you used.
What this explicitly means is that you use his mod in your own mod... For example lets say SilverEdge9 wanted to include it in BoS then he could. Putting Shems USM mod in TSLpatcher is not making a mod, it is not doing any work of your own what so ever - it would of taken me less than a minute to put Shems USM in TSLpatcher. Indeed I'm happy to do that, email it to Shem, and let him upload that to KotOR Files under his own name to end this furore.

Putting someone elses mod in TSL patcher does not count as a modification, you haven't done anything yourself to change the game, it goes completely against the spirit of which Shem had said the above in his readme. Indeed your behaviour is why I explicitly state that my own work has to have my permission given, otherwise if I gave it in a readme, that trust could be abused; which is exactly what you have done by doing what you have done. I cannot within the realms of forum rules say anything else with regards this matter.

My primary job here is to enforce the rules, and keep the peace. As such my behaviour has to set the example with regards obedience to the Forum rules, and setting the level of decorum appropriate for the forum. Do rest assured I am not in any way either amused by your conduct or very enamoured by your behaviour; I think you have acted in a wholly ungraceful manner which is the antipathy of which mod makers would like to relate to one another, Good day sir.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,