View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 02:50 PM   #31
Agincourt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Feel free to let me know when that starts. Not sure how you figure you're doing so with these non-starters, but you keep on telling yourself whatever you want, Rayston.

Oh, you're confused?

Allow me to help.

Argument: a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion

My comment that your post did not contain an argument was an attempt to politely point out that you typed a lot of words without actually saying anything meaningful.

Obviously.
So is this an argument or what? Is this one of those places where you can be rude and obnoxious to other people?

I recently saw a study on video gamers and it shows that the average gamer is almost 30 years old. That surprised me, because I always thought it was more like 20. I don't know if this contributes anything of value, but I think it shows that computer games corrupt and people get hooked on them at a young age and will keep playing them for the rest of their lives.

I think that is was only 20 years ago that the first video game consoles started being sold, so people starting at maybe 10 are now 30 years old. This isn't what the topic is about, but I think people have good reason to worry about what video games will do to people. Children maybe aren't as likely to be violent, but if they aren't spending as much time with school work and reading, that's a good reason to condemn them.
Agincourt is offline   you may: quote & reply,