View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #170
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Oh, crap. I forgot about the PSU demands.

Sabre, at your resolution, just get a 4770 512MB and call it a day. Its GPU is actually 40nm, not the 45nm that I initially believed it was, and it barely draws 80W (80 watts/12 volts=6.67 amps) so there'd no extra expense involved. Like I said, you wouldn't notice much of a difference in performance because of the 4770's higher clockspeed.

Oh, and you do get a (sort of) bonus by combining that motherboard, which features an integrated ATI GPU, with an ATI video card. It's called Hybrid Crossfire, which combines the power of both GPUs. I'll admit that I don't know much about it, though. I would theorize, however, that if the motherboard GPU is that much weaker than the one in the video card, which in this case it definitely would be, it might actually degrade the overall video performance. It'd definitely be worth checking out, though.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 08-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,