View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #106
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Well, yeah. That's why the Sith were always doomed to oblivion before the institution of the Rule of Two: they were constantly warring with one another and they wiped themselves out more than once. With the Rule of Two, the way of betrayal was preserved, but in a predetermined way that would guarantee the order's survival: should the apprentice become stronger than the master, it was his duty to remove his master and take his place with his own apprentice. The only thing the Sith hadn't counted on was redemption, which was what destroyed them.

Darth Krayt sort of fixed the destruction-from-within problem that comes with the Sith being a large order, but in so doing he removed the core principle of what it means to be a Sith: complete and utter selfishness. Krayt's Sith swear total and selfless allegiance to the Dark Lord, which was why the gatekeepers of the ancient Dark Lords' holocrons on Korriban called him a heretic.

Though I suppose that the Traya figure of that era would be Darth Wyrlock, because he betrayed Krayt and took his place as the de facto Dark Lord, and also betrayed the entire order by making them believe Krayt was still alive. In that respect, Wyrlock is the only one acting like a true Sith in the Legacy era: he cares for nothing but himself.

[Edit] Now, with the publication of Legacy: War, it has been established that Krayt is indeed alive. But the point still stands since Wyrlock believed him dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS

Last edited by Zerimar Nyliram; 04-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,