View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik View Post
I can see where you're coming from, but when I hit a similar juncture a few years ago I realised that it was costing me so much to keep my machine up to gaming standard it was more worthwhile to just drop 200 on a console and get about six years out of it (which is how long they actually last nowadays), keeping the PC on a more work-orientated budget (ie: less graphics card power).

If you enjoy games then getting a console is a bit of a no-brainer. I appreciate that you have a job that needs a PC, just like I do. But really, if you're not going to indulge your hobbies what's the point of spending all that time writing? For anyone who likes games they are tremendous value for money.

It's not like consoles are that limited anymore, either. My console also serves as my blu-ray/DVD player, music system, web browser, TV hard drive, and potentially Linux partition. It is about as useful with regards to multiple purposes as my PC in all honesty.

I'm sure I can't change your mind on this, but it pains me to see you heading for a whole world of irritation because the no-games-on-PC is inevitably going to get worse and worse, especially as consoles start seriously adopting technologies like Natal and motion sensitivity when the next generation comes around.
As I am in my 50s, I don't expect to be around long enough for it to be seriously irritating. After all, I've dealt with every president since Eisenhower

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,