View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
The saber combat in TFU seems too simplistic (and the lack of dismemberment is bs).

If the game had a complete overhaul, I wouldn't mind.

I don't care that much about continuity when it comes to the video games. As long as it captures the "look" (or even "spirit") of the films and is consistent with ITSELF, that's good enough for me. Sure, it sucks when the EU messes with the movies, but where games are concerned, you kind of have to. How boring would it be in a modern game if you could ONLY do what the characters in the movies did exactly how they did it?

That's not to say that the TFU way is the best or only way. I'd rather they just release decent editing tools so folks could create that content themselves. But as the PC version lacks multiplayer, it would have some limitations to be sure.

All that said, the power levels in TFU seem more on par with the "Clone Wars" animated series, than the movies or anything else (ie: over powered). If the game is fun though (I haven't played TFU yet), then that really isn't a big deal.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,