View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #182
Hawkstrong16

Well now I'm having some problems, Im not sure if I should post here or make a new thread. So bare with me.

When I got This computer all put together and tried to start it up the first time, the power supply and the CPU fan started. But the screen stayed blank and it issued 9 beeps. Then it would be quiet, then 9 more, quiet 9 more etc. I've been trying to figure it out all night with no luck. The manual says 1 long with 9 short beeps is a BIOS ROM error. But it was 9 long beeps. and the book doesn't give me any help on it.

I have both my HDD and my CD drive on the same IDE since there is only one connector. Idk if that makes a difference or not.

I'm almost positive I have it all hooked up right. there isn't any question on where to put everything its all pretty straight forward. So I'm lost and really want the first computer I try to build to work

Soo.... Please help me!

Thanks in advance for any help. I know I'm in good hands with the people here

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,