View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #168
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Updated my journal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
Nice work on sword! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks!

Quote:
(Is it just me, or does the guy in one of the pictures above have a bullseye on his privates?)
To the pure, all things are pure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon View Post
Good looking sword model!
Thanks! Praise from the current model-master means a lot.

Quote:
NWN2 here I come again!
You really need to finish it and play MotB, Q...

Quote:
Whats with the snow? Is that Rhen Var on the surface.
Yes. It is, apparently, a snow planet.

Quote:
Good texture job, the concrete blocks/obstacles are really "crisp" looking.
Uh, those are default textures... but thanks anyway.

Quote:
Boy, you really need to release this someday

You're telling me?

Quote:
You're killing us little modders with anticipation!
You, a little modder?

Quote:
That should be a capital crime! You're such fiend DI

Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Holocron View Post
Regarding the snow topped mountains: is there a chance of a higher-res background?
To be quite honest, it's not something I consider a priority; If I'm still not sick of the whole thing on the other end of having implemented all the plot content I want in the game, as well as the various models and textures I've got in mind for it, then maybe I'll fiddle with terraingen to come up with a better background.

At present, though, like take-off and landing videos, it's very much a low priority, I'm afraid. That's not to say it won't happen; but it's not something I feel is essential for me to release the mod. In all honesty, it's probably a lower priority even than adding take-off and landing vids; difficulty is part of the reason (partly because I won't simply double up/mirror the current skybox textures), but it's also not something I think is particularly important.

I'd hope to keep you rather too busy to spend time staring at the sky, anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
Point and shoot my man, point and shoot.
Oh, that's just mean.

Fire at will.

Quote:
On topic- great work! Can't wait to see the next area!
Thanks! That might be a while, though; the next area in chronological sequence is quite large and involved. I may do a new area reskin sometime soon, though, of a less immediate area that nevertheless will be a fairly key feature on Rhen Var. So stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
The Sword of Gith looks pretty dang awesome, so I'm looking forward to the fully textured version.
Thank you!

Quote:
Glad to see you're making so much progress on Rhen Var. Good reusage of the M4 Landing Pad module.
Thanks, though it's taken a fair while to get this far.

A piece of advice for all prospective and current storyline modders out there, by-the-by, which I can't stress enough: plan everything. If you leave it vague, when it comes to time to do it, you won't, or you'll come up with something on the spot which is sub-par. Learn from the mistakes of your predecessors.

Quote:
I agree with Sith Holocron on the background, mostly because it's a reuse of Telos, but for not it works quite well.
Well, to my knowledge almost all the textures in the area reappear elsewhere in the game, even if it's simply on M4; there are one or two which are my own tweaks, but for the most part it's just reuse, really. It'd be nice to scratch-build a skybox, but it's also the most difficult to pull off convincingly. While it'd be nice to have something 2048x2048, I'm not sure it's really necessary, to be honest, or something I feel capable of. You won't be spending huge periods of time on the landing pad, regardless, though you may be back and forth a bit.

Now, onto updates: my new computer is proving a little temperamental, so until I get it fixed, these may be less than regular. Nevertheless, a small update on the Sword of Gith. There aren't very many pictures of the thing online, and it seems that not many people have tried to model it, which I think is a bit of a pity; nevertheless, those that there are show little red jewels set into it, which I've been experimenting with.

I'm not very happy with how they've turned out, so any advice or feedback is welcome:

And since I seem to be including a random shot at the moment, here's a slightly random shot from TSL:

And because it's not Christmas yet and I'm old and prickly about things like that, and unhappy at all these people enjoying themselves...

Happy Fourth Week of Advent, dammit!

O Rex Gentium, et desideratus earum,
lapisque angularis, qui facis utraque unum:
veni, et salva hominem,
quem de limo formasti.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is online now   you may: quote & reply,