View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #192
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Try testing the RAM stick in someone else's computer. DDR2 machines are pretty common, and you'll be able to tell right away if that stick is bad.

BTW: what version of Windows were you planning on using?
I tested the RAM in my dads computer. It didn't work. So I took it out and it worked again. So I took one of his RAM stick(he had 8GB of ram he can afford the lose of 2GB, lol) and put it in my rig and it worked!! Thank you all so much for your help. I'm gonna have dad call tiger direct and get my RAM replaced.. But for now I'm up and running.

Thank you stingerhs and Q. You have both helped so much! I'll let you know when I get my rig finished and my OS setup.

I'm planning on using XP Pro SP3. Since I have a copy of that already. I may upgrade to 7 though if I feel it will be cost effective. But XP still works for me. And I hated Vista

EDIT: Hey is it possible to have both a IDE HDD and CD drive on the same IDE cable? Because if not then I need either a new CD drive or HDD

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always

Last edited by Hawkstrong16; 12-26-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,