View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:10 AM   #100
Achilles
Dapper Chimp
 
Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8,204
Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
1) There's a difference between that religion and mine: Polytheisme and Monotheisme.
That doesn't tell me anything. I could probably conclude that you assume that polytheistic religions are "wrong" and that monotheistic religions are "right", but I'm not sure why we should assume that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
Further than that, the Greek religion is ... "direct", that's what I mean: Arachne insulted Athena, what happened? She popped out and challenged her. Zeus changes into an animal every second to couple with a woman. "They" respond immediately when you insult them, that's why I insulted them.
And there are numerous examples of god taking direct action in the bible. So I'm afraid that argument doesn't help your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
And my excuses to those who believe in Zeus etc... . I pull it back. (Are there any here?)
Does it matter whether or not there are any pagans here? If insulting religions is categorically wrong, then I don't see why it should matter. You've insulted another religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
And besides, by "nope nothing" I meant that nothing happened to me after that.
Okay. But you better hope that you're right and that zeus isn't keeping score.

Of course, I doubt you think that is a consideration that should be taken seriously. And if I pressed you as to why, your arguments would probably sound remarkably similar to the reasons why no religion should be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
2) If Allah interferes everytime when something bad happens, why would he send a messenger then ? How would Mahomet convince other people? God's messengers always have a rough time, they're all martyrs.

I mean, when a war break outs, the prophet had to fight. He could snap his fingers and say "disappear", but that would be pointless if you want to prove something... I know you're going to quote this hehe, but I really can't explain it by writing.
But allah does "interfere" doesn't he? That's what the whole islam thing is about, isn't it? Submission to allah's will? So clearly you do believe that he "interferes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
Every religion deserves that.
Why? Why do belief systems deserve special treatment and/or respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
But wait, isn't half of the Muslims living in poverty?
First, source please?

Second, relevance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
Aren't we discriminated in the world?
Hehe, get in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
I can tell you, I am, here in Belgium, especially after 9/11. I understand those people, we're foreigners, have other habits, other religion... But that's no reason to NOT accept us, because if they do, then hate escalates in both sides and this only leads to a "vicious circle". I presume you know what that is . However, there are people who respect us and we respect them back. Naturally, there always are people disturbing the peace, on both sides.
I think the last sentence above in important (and might help to provide context for the others).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
I am here to debate in good faith, but you suddenly changed orientation towards the Islamic believe. I only commented about the bible saying that it had discrepancies and anachronisms everywhere after time.
As do most all religions, including yours (see my earlier post with photos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
IF religion influences your political or social beliefs, it most likely is positive. You'll act good and friendly.
And this assumption is based on what?

Shall we take a look at how non-believers, women, homosexuals, etc are treated in your religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
I know, you'll direct me to that picture, but harm was done to them.
No, a cartoon was published. No "harm" was done to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
That's why they act like that. If the Danish cartoonist didn't insult our prophet, nothing would have happened. It's like that one saying: "Eye for eye, tooth for tooth" or something like that.
Which assumes that the Danish cartoonist did something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Could you tell me under which title are those threads? Can't find them...

I'm interested on hearing what's the scientific answer for that question.
There are a few evolution threads buried on older pages. IIRC, I'm sure that one or more of them have touched on the question of origins, however rather than make you dig, I'll simply start a life origins thread and we can take it from there.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,