View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 08:30 AM   #101
Dark Jedi Han
Rookie

Current Game: Modern Warfare 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
That doesn't tell me anything. I could probably conclude that you assume that polytheistic religions are "wrong" and that monotheistic religions are "right", but I'm not sure why we should assume that.
Yes, indeed I assume that polytheistic religions are wrong. It's in my nature.

Quote:
And there are numerous examples of god taking direct action in the bible. So I'm afraid that argument doesn't help your point.
Correct, in the Bible. But I told you, discrepancies and anachronisms over time... Half of them could be exaggerated to convert other people.

Quote:
Does it matter whether or not there are any pagans here? If insulting religions is categorically wrong, then I don't see why it should matter. You've insulted another religion.
So be it, you're not a pagan, so I frankly think you don't ever care whether I insult them or not, do you ? I leave judgment upon the pagans.

Quote:
Okay. But you better hope that you're right and that zeus isn't keeping score.
Trust me, I doubt he is.

Quote:
But allah does "interfere" doesn't he? That's what the whole islam thing is about, isn't it? Submission to allah's will? So clearly you do believe that he "interferes".
He may be interfering without us knowing it. And Islam is not all about Allah interfering, it's following the path that our Prophet has walked.

Quote:
Why? Why do belief systems deserve special treatment and/or respect?
A'ight. Demolish the Vatican, give Palestina back to the Palestinians. They deserved special treatment, didn't they ? Why not Islam?
Islam is recognized in Belgium, but not supported. I'm sure many other countries do the same...

Quote:
First, source please?

Second, relevance?
You really need a source and relevance? Ethiopia: Poorest country in the world. The Maghreb: Dryness, wars, lack of food. Families in foreign countries live just under the limit of poverty.
Relevance? Seriously, look at Europa and Afrika. Or America and Asia. You know it, but don't admit it.
Look at the churches built by Christians and Mosques by Muslims.

Quote:
Hehe, get in line.
We are the line right now, my friend.

Quote:
I think the last sentence above in important (and might help to provide context for the others).
Then you didn't read/understand what I've written right before it...

Quote:
As do most all religions, including yours (see my earlier post with photos).
Already told you that. See previous post.

Quote:
And this assumption is based on what?

Shall we take a look at how non-believers, women, homosexuals, etc are treated in your religion?
Fourty-three of your presidents were WASP's, except one, he's a BASP (Obama). Kennedy had another religion and was a "good" man. He got shot, didn't he ?

First, let's see how Believers, women and homosexuals are treated in every country, especially America. Weren't you people against homosexuals? Are you against them?

And besides, it is not in religion that women are badly treated, but in countries. My father has never raised a hand on my mother, neither has my uncle on his wife, nor my older cousins, grandfather. Why? Again, read what Mahomet has done to Kadija, to Fatima. That's how WE act.

Quote:
No, a cartoon was published. No "harm" was done to them.
A cartoon breaking one of our most important rules. "Do not publish Allah, nor his Messenger Muhammad or any other Holy being."
Who's insulting who now? So, harm is done to us.

Quote:
Which assumes that the Danish cartoonist did something wrong.
Exactly, he did.

"An eye for an eye for an eye for an eye .... ends in making everybody blind"- Mahatma Ghandi
"One good act of vengeance deserves another..."- John Jefferson

Extracted from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2... Beautiful game
Dark Jedi Han is offline   you may: quote & reply,