View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #102
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jedi Han View Post
Yes, indeed I assume that polytheistic religions are wrong. It's in my nature.
But this doesn't tell me why I (or anyone else) should agree. You seem to think that your "nature" makes it okay, however that isn't a good reason.

Quote:
Correct, in the Bible. But I told you, discrepancies and anachronisms over time... Half of them could be exaggerated to convert other people.
You're guessing. The point is that such "discrepancies and anachronisms" exist in every holy text (remember our discussion about the winged horse?). If jews and christians are using "exaggerations" to convert other people, then what is it when your religion does it too?

Quote:
So be it, you're not a pagan, so I frankly think you don't ever care whether I insult them or not, do you ? I leave judgment upon the pagans.
I think it's extremely important that you are being inconsistent in your position. You seem to think that violence is justified when someone "insults" (i.e. draws a cartoon) one of your religious icons, but you think that insulting other people's religious icons are okay. Why? Because you don't think they're real. And I'm okay with that, except for the part where we have no reason to think that yours are real either. And your brethren are willing to riot, injure, and kill over the matter. And you think that's justified.

Quote:
Trust me, I doubt he is.
Do you apply the same doubt to your own religious figures? On what basis do you pick and choose?

Quote:
He may be interfering without us knowing it. And Islam is not all about Allah interfering, it's following the path that our Prophet has walked.
Nothing you've said here addresses my point.

Quote:
A'ight. Demolish the Vatican, give Palestina back to the Palestinians. They deserved special treatment, didn't they ? Why not Islam?
You seem to think that I agree that they deserve special treatment. I do not.

Quote:
You really need a source and relevance?
Yes, I absolutely do. If you're going to make a specific claim (i.e. "half of muslims live in poverty"), then I am going to ask to see a source.

As for relevance, what does the poverty level of muslims have to do with whether or not islam deserves special treatment? Nothing, so far as I can reason.

Quote:
Ethiopia: Poorest country in the world. The Maghreb: Dryness, wars, lack of food. Families in foreign countries live just under the limit of poverty.
Relevance? Seriously, look at Europa and Afrika. Or America and Asia. You know it, but don't admit it.
Look at the churches built by Christians and Mosques by Muslims.
I'm sorry, I guess I just don't see why regional economic issues have anything to do with religion. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

Quote:
We are the line right now, my friend.
Really? You seriously think that islam is the only belief system in which practioners are persecuted?

Quote:
Then you didn't read/understand what I've written right before it...
I think one of us understood what you wrote better than the other

Quote:
Already told you that. See previous post.
Indeed. It seems that you've conceded the point several times. However you've also made statement contradictory to that several times as well, hence why I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly which side of the point you are on.

Either you recognize that your religion is just as flawed as all the others (the ones you dismiss), or you think it truly is deserving of some sort of special treatment. I'm trying to nail you down to one side of the discussion or the other, but you keep flip-flopping.

Quote:
Fourty-three of your presidents were WASP's, except one, he's a BASP (Obama). Kennedy had another religion and was a "good" man. He got shot, didn't he ?
Relevance?

Quote:
First, let's see how Believers, women and homosexuals are treated in every country, especially America. Weren't you people against homosexuals? Are you against them?
Indeed, let's look at how these groups are treated. But more imporatantly, let's look at the justifications provided by those that seek to oppress these groups. You want to wager that these justifications are religious in nature?

Quote:
And besides, it is not in religion that women are badly treated, but in countries. My father has never raised a hand on my mother, neither has my uncle on his wife, nor my older cousins, grandfather. Why? Again, read what Mahomet has done to Kadija, to Fatima.
See above.

Quote:
That's how WE act.
I'm sorry, is this the same "we" that participates in honor killings, etc? Or is that a different "we"?

Again, it seems you want to be able to pick and choose which actions represent "true" islam without having to take responsibility for any of the others. The fact is that both faces of islam cite the same sources. You want to blame individuals for "improper interpretation" (without telling me why their interpretation is wrong and not yours). I think the blame lies with the source itself.

Quote:
A cartoon breaking one of our most important rules. "Do not publish Allah, nor his Messenger Muhammad or any other Holy being."
Who's insulting who now? So, harm is done to us.
Right, one of your rules. Not his. Not mine. Yours.

No "harm" was done to anyone. Ink was put on paper. Seriously.

Quote:
Exactly, he did.
That is your opinion and nothing more.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,