View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Not equal, but connected or associated with.
You said:

"But since the concept includes many theories, as there is many types of creationism, I though you were talking about the most known theory of abiogenesis, which is the primordial soup and the formation of monomers."

So which is it? Are you equating "primordial soup theory" with "abiogenesis" or aren't you?

Quote:
According to what we have seen so far. I'm not sure we've found life outside Earth.
That doesn't tell us anything at all about how rare those circumstances are or are not.

You're suggesting that because we only know about life in one place that it must therefore be a rare occurence. Considering the overwhelming lack of data, I don't know how (or why) you feel this assumption is justified.

Quote:
Which one is pretty obivous and which one is loaded with all kinds of unfounded assumptions and baseless assertions?
"Chance" is the obvious one. Go back and re-read your sentence with each of your options and tell me how this sounds:

"I believe that chance should have created these conditions so that life could be created."

vs

"I believe that God should have created these conditions so that life could be created."

I hope this helps.

Quote:
How can you claim that those assumptions are unfounded?
Because one of these things is not a scientific hypothesis. Since it doesn't have any supporting evidence and cannot be falsified, it doesn't tell us anything useful. If you have evidence to the contrary, please feel free to correct me where I am wrong.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,