View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
I think you're being a bit melodramatic or at least hyperbolic. Sure there are usually some nay sayers toward new projects, but this is due to the large number of ambitious projects that members have seen fail over the years. If large mods which have been in production many years can't even keep enough modders, it seems unlikely that there are enough people to fill out teams for brand new mods as well (for instance, the dark forces tc mod for jka).

It's commendable that you encourage new members and modders, but you shouldn't expect everyone to agree with you on all points. And being as you release public material, you should be used to criticism as well. Not everyone makes a blockbuster game/mod every time out.

There have been discussions about Mrcharlston in the mod chat areas and the quick closure of that thread was most likely a result of his earlier useless thread here. There may not be a whole lot of things going on to chat about, but spam is still spam, and the mods do try to keep it to a minimum.

If you're a Christian and want to be nice to people, that's great. I doubt you'll find very many people who would admonish you for that outside of the senate/kavar areas, but again, don't expect everyone to think/act like you. Many of us are happy when people just act civilly around one another.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: