View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 AM   #50
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
Not taking anything away from your post, and no offence taken either - you are quite civil.

Your points are fair, yet I would say at my age I am a little more immune to that kind of seeping paranoia - I have seen lots of ups and downs.

The topic was brought up due to the odd confluence of the discussion followed by the reading, which is an odd coincidence, even in this age of noids.

However, there are factors economically and socially that make 2010 interesting whether we blow up or not. And, I must share this, although you may know it, as I have posted it here several times...

The average life of a State is 300 years, State meaning single-form government. Corruption is insidious, and people can only take so much. Are US citizens ready for massive revolt? Uh, er, not anytime soon, too many mamzy pamzys. Yet, look what happened in New Orleans after Katrina. 9 days = civilization shredded.
Well it's easy to see any kind of chaos when all forms of police units and law enforcement not to mention politics are washed away. Without water, electricity, or shelter there are obviously going to be problems. However, a country filled with corruption doesn't collapse to the point where people automatically go crazy and loot left and right.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,