View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #94
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Just a Question or two: are you breaking the whole distribution ethics sanctity deal by uploading mods you have to a password-for-download secure server?

I distribute my (haphazardly) archived mods personally via email address. Snag is I cannot go to storage, get discs, look through them (with thousands of files besides several hundred other mods) and distribute on every request I get. I know uploading them to an open place like kotorfiles is a nono without author's permission...but is there seriously no other way I can make it easier on myself to share old PCGM mods?
The 'capper' honestly is publicly linking to it out right. Pretty much the same no-no as uploading to Kotorfiles without permission.

If you want to make it easier, you can upload the files to your storage medium of preference, however you MUST keep the link(s) personal/private.

This is pretty much how I have my archive of mods up on JumpStationZ. However, to DL anything, you need to receive a PM/email by me giving you the proper link.

The understanding is... If I EVER catch a link to my archives posted elsewhere (publicly).. I will password the directories. Or be a real ass and take down the whole archive no matter the loss.

Leechers beware

If this doesn't look appealing to you, unfortunately there's not really much choice left. If it's a burden to look up the mods/links.. you can give your archive link (privately) to a choice member(s) to help you watch over the requests thread. If you're not around to hand out the link, then your wing (wo)man can .. hehe.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,