View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #127
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornWookiee View Post
Hey astor more people want a single player k3 than TOR sooooooooooooo many more fans. And prime as for our conversation i think they will make profit on TOR but its true that waaaaaaaaaay more fans want a single player k3.
Hey - I'm like everyone else here - I want single player K3 also - but what makes you think "soooooooooooooo many more fans" want single player K3? Of course they do here - we're on a forum that's centered around K1 and K2, so it's only natural all of us would want K3. However, I think it's probable that, on the whole, more people would be interested in the MMORPG, and I believe LucasArts came to the same conclusion and greenlighted the project.

If you want to make the argument that LucasArts should forget about the opportunity cost (lost profits) from making K3 for the sake of the fan-following, I'd believe you had firm ground to stand on (albeit naive), but to assume that you know the business model/forecast better than LucasArts is probably a bad basis for your argument.

Last edited by Gurges-Ahter; 02-09-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,